Sunday, February 15, 2015

Event in Brief Focus: 2015 Art Fair Philippines

Hello again dear reader! Here's another brief event overview for you to indulge!

Let's start!


What: 2015 Art Fair Philippines
Where: 6-7/F The Link, Ayala Center, Parkway Drive, Makati City
When: 4-8th February 2015
Entrance Fee: Php 150.00, free for select BPI credit card holders

How did you knew the event?
I knew the event from its banners placed all around Makati City CBD but somehow, I brushed it aside.

How come?
I thought that, (1) the entrance fee is darn expensive, (2) the venue will be far and (3) it’s meant for high profile people (I'm just a normal guy).

So what made you attend the event anyways?
I saw the event's entrance sign by accident while I'm on my way to a personal appointment. I checked it out later in the afternoon and discovered that the entrance fee was not that expensive—so I went in!

The fair grounds.

Did you spot any celebrities?
I really don't know but I'm sure there were many 'high class' people in the crowd. Oh, Senator Franklin Drillon was there!

Any pictures?
Yup, there are! Here are some of the artworks that I like and worth mentioning!

You will be welcomed by this artwork at the reception area!
Silverlens is the first booth that you will see.
Untitled artwork by Luis Santos
The Past Lies Upon Us Like a Dead Hand
by Allan Ballsi
This is an interesting artwork. 1440 in 24 by Corinne de San Jose
Here's a closer look!
MO Space booth
They have some of the oddest artworks at the fair such as photos of rats,
dead cockroaches, garbage, etc. I like this one, photos of 'sari-sari' stores!
Meta series by Louie Cordero
Flattened toy cars. This will appeal to the men.
From Finale Art Fine booth.
The Ending of Consciousness, Where Nothing Is Left
by Kim Oliveros
From Nunu Fine Art booth
White by Marc Aran Reyes
An apocalyptic artwork from the ARNDT-Berlin/Singapore booth
Cut-out drawings were done with the use of a ballpoint pen (the way I see it).
Paseo Gallery booth
Artworks by Romulo Olazo
Diaphanous B-XIV (Left), Diapahanous B-XII (Middle), Diaphanous B-XIII (Right) 
Another bizarre artwork at the fair by ROH Projects booth
From 1335 Mabini booth
Take a closer look!
by J. Elizalde Navarro
Still from the 1335 Mabini booth.
The Art Verite' booth takes on
Alice In Wonderland! This a bit creepy for me.
Alice in an...umm...somewhat indecent pose.
Alice drinking a cup of tea!
This must be the queen!
From Blanc booth. PARA by Don Djerassi Dalmacio
An unusual entry coming from the Secret Fresh booth.
The middle lady is not included folks!
For the young ladies' interest, I guess.
One of my favorites! The Chariot by Trek Valdizno
From the Galleria Duemila booth
Derek Tumala's Sacred Geometry combines geometric
shapes, core-like textures with stimulating light effects!
Bench was also at the event featuring t-shirt designs by G. Javier
The first booth at the 7/F is my favorite at the whole fair!
I love how it complements the artworks by Annie Cabigting!
Black
Presence and Absence
White
A closer look at the child.
Road to Mountains, an interactive work by Poklong Anading.
This will certainly appeal to the men! Aninag by Alfredo Esquillo
Let's Talk About Art by Geraldine Javier
Guest can write their own meaning of art!
Various animal portraits by Regen Mulingtapang
This is my favourite!
Jojo Legaspi's works was pretty disturbing for me, so I only took the disclaimer.
A unique piano by Alwin Reamillo, from J Studio booth.
Blossom by Mona Santos
I am a sucker for B&W themed works.
The Idea of the Image is Nothing by Charles Buenconsejo
Lollipop by Kaloy Sanchez (Hmmm)
I like this one as well! Barrier by Sarah Geneblazo
Tin-aw Art Gallery booth showcased cans of various designs and sizes...
...from cats...
...to dogs...
...cans with four feet...
...cans with a socio-religious message...
...and politician-in-a-can!
(What the....)
Would you open these?
Bicycle by Nick Veasey. From the NOVA Gallery booth
Hingal by Ramon Zapanta
My favorite as well! Reading Lessons by BenCab
Infinite Fragments by Martin Honasan
Weeks Apart by Zean Cabangis
There's Always Going to be Something Hiding Just Under the Surface 1-10 by Zean Cabangis
(That was long!)
artbooks.ph booth offers a selection of art books (obviously). There were
also scheduled book signing events throughout the course of the fair.
But the one that attracted me at their booth was this
'lamp' that consists of film slides of yesteryear photos!
Here's another shot of it!
There were also scheduled art forums c/o Christie's booth.

There you have it dear reader! Hope that you liked it! Congratulations to the artists and organizers for a job well done!


Please look forward for my next blog entry! Ikimashou!

2 comments:

  1. They were so accommodating and I was truly impressed. It is such a comfortable environment. For a buffet, it was delicious food. Alcoholic beverages were also great. Overall, venues for events are great, and my favorite venue in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I view something really interesting website added it to my bookmarks. https://www.5g999.co/slot

    ReplyDelete